Setting up custom patient ID’s can help organize your patient data better. It can be used to continue your patient numbers from an old register or software, or help you identify patients directly from a year, or your locations, depending on the way you set it.
Your patient ID is a flexible format – it can be either completely numeric, or can begin with an alphanumeric prefix followed by a numeric number.
To set your patient ID format, follow these steps below:
- Log in to your kulcare account.
- Select “Manage my Practice” to visit the Clinic Management System
- Click “Settings” on the left menu, select “Clinic Settings” from the drop down menu, and navigate to “General” tab
- On the option “Do you want to use a custom patient ID?” – select “Yes”
- Type an Alphanumeric prefix (optional) that does not change and a Numeric part where the patient IDs should begin from. The next patient you create in kulcare will have their id incremented by 1 from this number. For example,
- if your Alphanumeric prefix is AB and your numeric part is 100, then your next patient id will be AB101
- if your Alphanumeric prefix is AB20 and your numeric part is 1000, then your next patient id will be AB201001
- if your Alphanumeric prefix is 20AB and your numeric part is 1000, then your next patient id will be 20AB1001
- Click on “Save” and you’re done.
Things to note :
- kulcare starts your patient ID’s from 1 by default, without any alphabetical prefix. If you do not change it, it will continue incrementing from 1.
- You can change your patient ID format anytime. The existing patient ID’s will not be impacted.
- We advise to not change your patient ID format often, as it may get confusing for you.