If you already own a domain from a third-party provider, such as GoDaddy, NameCheap, Bigrock, Speedhost or any other, you can use it for your website, so people who type your URL into their browsers end up on your site.
Connecting your third-party domain to kulcare points your domain name at your website. You use the third-party domain provider to manage your domain settings, pay for your domain, and renew it. If you want to connect your domain to kulcare in this way, then follow the steps below:
- Add your domain to kulcare
- Connect it to kulcare
- Verify your connection in kulcare
Add your domain to kulcare
- Click “Website” on the left menu
- Go to the “Domains” section
- Click “Add” button on the top right.
- Enter your domain name (with or without www) and click submit.
Next, you need to set up your existing domain to point to kulcare.
Point your domain to kulcare
If you’ve purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:
- Your A record @ should point to kulcare’s IP address, which is 184.108.40.206
- Your A record www should point to 220.127.116.11
Editing these domain settings might have an effect on other things, such as email forwarding. You can contact your domain provider to find out how any changes might affect your DNS settings.
- Log in to the account you have with your domain provider
- Find your DNS settings. Look for your domain management area, DNS configuration, or similar
- Edit your A record to point to kulcare’s IP address 18.104.22.168
The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs or editable fields, or you might have to check boxes or edit a table. You need to:
- enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record
- enter kulcare’s IP address 22.214.171.124 as the destination for the A record.
- Save the A Record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar)
Now you need to verify your connection in kulcare.
Verify your connection in kulcare
Click Verify connection in your kulcare admin to confirm that your custom domain has been connected to your store.
- Set your root domain (your A record) to point to IP address 126.96.36.199
- Your subdomain www (your CNAME record) needs to point to your A record
Third-party domain providers
If you own a domain from one of the following providers, then click the link to get specific instructions for connecting your domain:
- Hostgator – HostGator doesn’t let you to directly control your DNS settings. To make the necessary changes, you must contact their support with following instructions:
- Set your nameservers to HostGator’s defaults
- Disable all forwarding on your domain
- Point your root domain’s A record to kulcare’s IP address: 188.8.131.52